The Gibraltar Garrison Library was founded in 1793 by Captain (afterwards Colonel) Drinkwater, the historian of the Great Siege of Gibraltar, 1779-1783. Drinkwater had, during the Siege, ‘lamented the want of a public library in Gibraltar’, especially under siege conditions when little by way of newspapers and reading material reached Gibraltar. The Gibraltar Garrison Library remained as a military library up until September 2011, at which point the Library was handed-over to the Government of Gibraltar. This historic move has ensured the continuity of the Library and the preservation of its collections.
We are pleased to offer service for Civil weddings at our beautiful Garrison Library's private garden or at their historic room.
Our Package includes:
Liaising with you, the Registrar and the Mayors Parlour representative in order to book your preferred wedding date and time.
Assisting you with your legal documentation and paperwork.
Accompanying you to the notary & registry office.
Handling all of the fees on your behalf (there are no hidden costs).
These fees include:
- The special wedding license fee. (compulsory)
- The ceremony and registration fees. (compulsory)
- Commissioner for Oaths and or Notary Public fees. (compulsory)
- 1 Original marriage certificate & registered postage.
- The hiring & setting up for the use of their historic room for your ceremony.
- Transportation arrangement for the Registrar to & from the Registry Office.
- Bridal bouquet with seasonal flowers colour of your choice along with its matching boutonniere.
- An hour Quality Professional Wedding Photography. Photos will be taken at arrival of the venue, during the ceremony and afterward at a nearby location. Other locations and extra time can be booked on request. This includes High Resolution Digital Images edited in Colour and or Black&White. You get a free password protected online gallery to share with family and friends.
- Two witnesses (if needed) on your wedding. Note that 2 English speaking witnesses over the age of 18 are required when marrying in Gibraltar.
- We shall send your wedding certificates to your home address via registered mail.
If you want to add some EXTRAS elements on your special day, we can help to offer you the following:
- Bridal Gown & Suit hire
- Photographer (extra time available if included in your package)
- Ceremony Video
- Wedding Car
- Wedding Cake
- Wedding Favours
- Celebration Meals
- Welcome Drinks & Canapé
- Gin/Wine Tasting
- Shuttle service to & from Malaga airport
- Accommodation - Hotel & registered Airbnb
- Private Yacht Charter
- Entertainment - from Magician to Musician
- coach hire/private transfer
- Private tour - Local Rock tour WWII tunnel, Morocco day trip